MILSCO

COMPANY HISTORY

Founded as the Milwaukee Saddlery Company in November 1924 by Carl Swenson, at 1064 Oakland Avenue,
to manufacture leather harnesses, collars and accessories for farm horses.
Harley Davidson approached the company in 1934 to create an upholstered two person Buddy Seat, launching their longest-standing partnership;
identical saddlebags were made for both H-D and the Military.
In 1936 they designed the first padded tractor seat & in 1937 the firm moved to larger premises at 2506 North 32nd Street.
1942 military contracts & continued growth sees them move again, this time to 2758 North 33rd Street.

The company was officially renamed Milsco Manufacturing Company in 1948 when it made the decision to focus on products for the modern "automotive" era.
The firm are still trading & still making the seats for Harley Davidson!




THE MILSCO M6 SCABBARD

Milwaukee Saddlery Co. produced 140,494 M6 scabbards in WW2 at $0.5775 each